THE GRAND DUCHESS MARIA INFIRMARY
ST. SERGEI COASTAL MONASTERY
ST. SERGEI COASTAL MONASTERY & THE SOCIETY OF FRATERNAL AID
A small branch of the Society of Fraternal Aid was located at this monastery, pictured here in the imperial period.
THE SERGEI COMMITTEE INFIRMARY FOR WOUNDED AND SICK SOLDIERS AND FAMILIES IN THE NAME OF GRAND DUCHESS MARIA NIKOLAEVNA
Surviving records are sparse, but this record in the Russian archives describes an entry in Empress Alexandra Feodorovna's registrar between 1914-1916, documenting the existence of the hospital, noting its location and official title under her daughter Maria.
The Society of Fraternal Aid owned land on the grounds of St. Sergei's. This record from the Russian archives describes a 1916 entry in Empress Alexandra Feodorovna's expenditures registrar, regarding the charity's tax exemptions on the purchase.
FUNDRAISING EVENTS AT THE INFIRMARY
This ticket offered its purchaser the chance to win jewelry from a fundraising lottery benefitting the hospital.
ST. SERGEI'S NOW
Following the collapse of the Soviet Union, St. Sergei's reopened and continues active monastery activities today. The infirmary did not survive.